Bilingual Executive Assistant
International Legal Practice, Madrid
Our client, a reputable international law firm, is looking for a Bilingual Paralegal to join their team in Madrid to work on high-value international cases.
Responsibilities (not limited to) include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day aspects for the case through implementation of procedures
- Organise and maintain large electronic and paper case files
- Maintaining materials/documents received from clients and indexing or organising for upload to database
- Managing correspondence and logging/uploading correctly
- Working alongside lawyers to conduct first level reviews prior to second level review by associate team
- Assisting with the written work of associates during submission phases
- Producing documentation ensuring that house style is applied consistently
- Cite-checking, proofreading and managing the collection of supporting documentation (including indexing)
- Logistical planning of hearings (negotiating contracts with transcribers, interpreters and hearing venues)
- Working alongside fee earners to produce opening/closing PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with the preparation of cross-examination bundles
Candidates must have a bilingual level of English/Spanish in order to proofread legal documentation in both. The candidate will have ideally worked as a paralegal or legal assistant (3+ years’ experience) at a leading international dispute resolution practice on high value, complex disputes – commercial litigation, international arbitrations or PIL and have participated in both in-person and virtual hearings. Education to degree level: a law degree or legal studies in some other capacity is a prerequisite for this role. Knowledge of standard Tech (Microsoft365, Adobe Word, Excel, VC Software) is required whilst knowledge of Westlaw, PLC or specific arbitration databases would be helpful. Experience of undertaking research and document production is a must.
The selected candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision and enjoy working with a tight knit Paralegal team based across different geographies and time zones. They will have excellent attention to detail and be able to produce work to the highest standard of accuracy. They will be flexible in terms of hours and travel due to the international focus of this role.
Location – Madrid
Salary – Competitive + Bonus + Benefit package
Timetable – Full time, flexibility required (the selected candidate must be prepared for occasional international travel)
Incorporation – Q3 2023
Contract: Permanent, subject to probation period
If you are interested in this role, send a copy of your English CV to email@example.com quoting Reference 644.